IMPORTANT: Doors are measured width x height. Be sure to select your door size in that order for a proper fit.
Roll Up Door Measurement Steps
- Take measurements from the side of the wall where the door coil will be located.
- Check the floor condition for levelness and evenness, then note these conditions.
- Record Jamb type: masonry, steel, or wood
- Observe Jamb quality for strength, plumbness, twist and unevenness, and then note these conditions.
- Measure the opening width at its greatest distance.
- Measure the opening height at its greatest distance.
- Measure the left sideroom.
- Measure the right sideroom.
- Measure the vertical headroom.
- Measure the horizontal backroom.
If you have questions regarding door opening measurements, please call (800) 837-9803.